My Journal: Welcoming Pupils From China, Yunnan

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Welcoming Pupils From China, Yunnan

It has been a busy week for all of us, especially teachers and pupils involved in welcoming the pupils from China. I talked to a few of them and I found out that their school is quite regimental as compared to ours. They cannot even stretch out their legs during lessons!!! Singapore's pupils, be glad that at least you have that freedom and we, teachers, only hope that you pay attention in class. It is not demanding, right? Ha....

The next few days, they will be visiting the places of interest like Sentosa, Zoo, Night Safari, and Orchard Road. I hope that they will find Singapore a wonderful and safe place to live and decide to stay in Singapore for good. We welcome foreign talents!!!

I understand that they are not too used to the weather in Singapore. One of them commented to me that the weather here is considered as a hot summer (summer is already hot, so "hot" summer means very hot??). I told her that it is what we experience in Singapore whole year round and we are used to it already. We have machines called--air-con.

I was just teaching my class "electricity" the other day and I challenged them not to live with electricity for a few hours and see how "terrible" life can be. Just as I said that, I got worried about the lack of use of visualiser, projector, and computer..........Arrghhh.......I can't live without them (I was teaching then. I can't live with tv, telephone, lights, fans, and yes, air-con.....) My pupils challenged me and of course they would be glad if I have turned off the visualiser, projector and computer........Then they would not have lessons!!! Well, the message is clear--We can't live without electricity. We are dependent on electricity and this translates to the dependence on non-renewable fuel. We must really give thought to it as the fuel is depleting fast! We must conserve the fuel and look for renewable fuel to replace them. Sounds like NJRC 2006 theme this year.......

Enough said (wrote, actually).

To Yusuf, I will make time to load the photos on webshots.
To Shawn, save up and get a cheaper camera. You don't need such an expensive one. You are still young. Get something within your means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home